What is Snowflake?
Snowflake provides an enterprise solution that makes it easy to gather, process and use big data: “Unifies, integrates, analyses and shares previously siled data in secure, governed and compliant ways”
It competes with platforms like Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift or Azure SQL Warehouse and can operate on any of the major cloud providers.
What does Snowflake allow?
From a single platform, Snowflake makes possible:
- Data engineering
- Data Lake
- Data Storage
- Data Science
- Data Apps
- Data Exchange
Advantages of using Snowflake:
- It provides an out-of-the-box analytics data store delivered as software as a service (SaaS).
- There is no virtual or physical hardware to deal with.
- There is no need to install any software and the Snowflake team takes care of system maintenance.
- The solution is faster, easier to use and much more flexible than traditional data warehouses.
- It uses a new SQL database engine with a unique architecture designed for the cloud.
- Any software engineer with SQL experience can understand and work with it.
- It can be used with any cloud provider.
Why should I choose Snowflake?
- It is a single platform that creates a single cloud.
- It boosts digital transformation to data-driven businesses.
- It allows to operate in data management, not infrastructure.
- You have immediate access to a Data Cloud
What do you think about Snowflake?
If you want to contact us directly, send us a message.